Museum Association of Arizona
2019 Annual Business Meeting Minutes
March 18, 2019
9:35 a.m. - Meeting Called to Order
2. Approval of the 2018 Minutes – Nate Myers moved to accept the minutes as submitted, Sheila Kollasch seconded the motion. Passed unanimously, no discussion, no abstentions.
3. Treasurer’s Report – Jody Crago moved to accept the treasurer’s annual report as submitted, Nikki Lober seconded the motion. Passed unanimously, no discussion, no abstentions.
4. Board Election Results –
Treasurer – Cherie Koss
Northern Region Director – Tony Thibodeau
Central Region Director – Amanda Schlueter
At-Large – Lynn McRainey
At –Large – Joanna Brace
5. Proposed Bylaws Revision – Tony Thibodeau moved to accept the proposed revisions as submitted, Michelle Reid seconded the motion. Passed unanimously, no discussion, no abstentions.
6. Thank You to Outgoing Board Members: Michelle Reid and Richard Toon, certificates given to each.
7. Recognition of Scholarship Winners and Professional Development Committee members for their hard work on this year’s meeting and conference. Scholarship winners were:
Dyadira Fajardo, Nicole George, Stephanie Joyner, Kelsie Nabors, Michelle Pablo-Jackson, Victoria South, Martin Stamat, Clarrita Stevenson, Kayce Westfall
8. Professional Recognition Awards presented:
Individual Award of Excellence to Michelle Reid, for her work at the Heritage Square Foundation and to Jody Crago for his work in the development and opening of the new Chandler History Museum.
Institutional Award of Excellence to Vail Preservation Society, accepted by JJ Lamb, Executive Director
Community Support Award to Robert Sutz, Arizona Jewish Historical Society, Catherine ‘Rusty’ Foley, Arizona Citizens for the Arts, and Sheila Kollasch
Roger Lidman Distinguished Service Award to Jo Falls, Tohono Chul Park
10:00 a.m. - Jody Crago moved to adjourn the meeting, Michelle Reid seconded, Nate Myers was opposed (to much amusement by all), otherwise passed unanimously